How Summer Weather Can Affect Your Office
School’s out, temperatures are skyrocketing, and 4th of July has come and gone. It is officially summertime in Austin – which means your mood, your productivity, and your business will be going through some changes. If you’re aware of the potential changes ahead of time, you can make the necessary adjustments to avoid any lags that might affect your business. Here are a few that can apply to those that work in offices:
- Longer and brighter days in the summer are usually good for business. Typically it means that employees are much perkier and alert during the work hours and therefore more efficient. However, the heat can also be draining. Make sure you offer your employees sufficient air conditioning to keep cool and plenty of water to keep hydrated. Take breaks as needed throughout the day to keep morale up and let the creative juices flow.
- Take advantage of the warm weather by setting aside time to enjoy it with some team bonding. Get out of the office once in awhile and let your employees know you appreciate their hard work. Working indoors all summer can leave some employees wanting more. Everyone works harder when they can get a taste of what they want. It usually lets the appreciate what they have more.
- As the summers in Texas are by and large bright and sunny, this can make the rainy days that much harder to bear. Darker days automatically put most people into gloomier moods which affect productivity. Providing your employees with ample indoor lighting can prevent these weather-induced mood swings and keep them focused on the task at hand.
- Happier moods in the summer can lead to a tendency to spend more money. On either an individual level or a business level, be sure to create a budget that you can afford and stick to it. This includes when you’re planning your summer vacations, buying new summer clothes, or choosing what to eat for lunch every day. A little overspending every now and then can go a long way, so be extra careful with your money in the summer.
- There’s so much to do outdoors in the summer, especially in Austin. However, you don’t want to overexert yourself on weekends or you’ll be exhausted at work during the week. Space out your workouts and outdoor recreational activities and give yourself ample time to relax – otherwise you’ll be sleeping at your desk on Monday.
We hope everyone has had a fun summer in 2017. Don’t forget to follow these tips to keep it productive, as well!